How to pick the best Portable Air Conditioner
While the portable air conditioner may be a great and reliable product, there are always questions a buyer will raise before buying it. Here, we will guide you on picking the best portable air conditioner and answering the doubts you may have.
Is it cheaper to run a window air conditioner or central air?
Certain conditions matter to consider if running a central or window air conditioner is cheaper such as:
- Cost of the unit
- Size of the area you want to place the air conditioner, and
- Time spent at home
Whether the product takes up too much space in your home or you aren't home most of the time, etc., are conditions you need to consider first. For example, a central air conditioner is a cheaper choice if you are always home.
How to choose the best air conditioner?
To pick a good air conditioner for your room, office, kitchen, etc., you must know the size of your room. Having an oversized air conditioner for a small room will not cool the space effectively. It provides adverse effects like leaving the air with a damp feeling since it will not remove the humidity adequately.
What attributes to look for to differentiate the product?
Here are some other features of a good air conditioner you can compare while picking:
- Air conditioners collect water in a specific area as they keep the room cool. Some products self-evaporate this water.
- Some conditioners have a self-timer to program the product to turn on and off as and when you want.
- You can control the portable air conditioner with just a remote control from anywhere in the room.
- There is also a control button to turn on and off the display lamp if it disturbs your sleep.
What precautions do you need to take while using a portable air conditioner?
Here are some safety measures you need to be aware of and the precautions you need to take while using the product:
- Ensure that you don't install when the appliance is connected to a power source.
- Always have a professional technician install and repair the product.
- It should be compulsory for the product to have grounding.
- Do not pull the cord while removing the plug from the power source.
Precautions you need to follow while handling the air conditioner:
- It can be harmful to receive cool air directly or for a long time.
- Ensure that the flow of air is away from your stoves and gas burners.
- If the product faces any malfunctions, turn off the remote appliance and then plug it in from the power source.
Devanti Portable Air Conditioner
Devanti Portable Air Conditioner 3300W is a 3 in 1 appliance. Its best feature is its dehumidifier, air conditioner, and 4 types of fan speed.
Rooms of 20 to 30 square feet are ideal. It can be moved around the house easily. Moreover, the product also has a 24-hour timer, so great if you need to leave it running.
- The product is budget-friendly.
- The size is perfect for bedrooms and study rooms.
- The product creates a lot of noise.
- Sometimes the remote doesn't respond well.
Omega Altise 2.6 kW Portable Air Conditioner
The Omega Altise 2.6 kW Portable Air Conditioner features an on and off timer of 24 hours, dehumidifying mode, aqua chill technology, and two types of speed settings. The options to adjust the product to your preference are also easily accessible.
The appliance is perfect for any room with 20 sq. m such as study rooms and bedrooms. It has a sleep mode that will adjust the air conditioner's temperature so that the bedroom will not get too cold.
- The cooling effect works great.
- Easy to set up.
- The range of settings for the temperature is a great function
- It can be too noisy.
- Better for smaller rooms.
Devanti 4.1 Window Air Conditioner
A great feature of the Devanti 4.1 Window Air Conditioner is the compressor's performance to provide you with the most efficient and effective result. Another feature is the ease of use; you can access the control using the remote or the LED control panel. The cooling mode has 3 types of speed, sleep mode, a timer of up to 24 hours, and an automatic function for swinging.
You’re looking for a heavy-duty aircon unit that is easy to install and is affordable.
- A quick and effective result.
- You can clean the mesh to produce a better quality of air.
- It can get noisy.
Evapolar EV-500W Portable Air Conditioner
Evapolar EV-500W Portable Air Conditioner can clean the air, dehumidify and keep the room cool. The product has easy to understand function keys and can cool a room of about 45 sq feet of space. It is biodegradable and will not cause any unwanted diseases. This device is the perfect air conditioner for a van or travelling around, but might not be the best if you want something a bit more heavy duty.
You want something easy to set up, and the functions are straightforward. Plus, it’s free from Freon.
- The product is extremely straightforward to use.
- The smallest and most portable device on the list.
- A little pricey since the fan is not strong.