Bamboo Weighted Blanket - (best bamboo)
This is a treat! This bamboo weighted blanket by calming blanket is unique and silky soft. Using bamboo as the main fabric has so many benefits you won’t find in another blanket. One of which is the natural anti-bacterial properties that keep it hygienically clean, and actively combat odours like sweat too.
Another pro is the cooling and moisture-wicking properties of the Lyocell bamboo fabric which is breathable. Because of the microscopic gaps in the fibre, hot air escapes, making it ideal for hot or sweaty sleepers. Also, you can try it for 30 nights risk-free. You can return the blanket during that period if you decide that it’s not for you and the’ll give you a full refund.
- Temperature Control
- Silky Soft
- Durable & Washable
- 30 night sleep trial
- Natural anti-bacterial
- Pick different weights
Buzio Weighted Blanket
I loved the light feel of this blanket. The best part about it is that it complemented well with my duvet cover. Some of its pros and cons are:
- It is made using cool cotton fabric that keeps it breathable and cool.
- Buzio blankets are registered with Oeko-Tex standard that makes them 100% free from any chemicals.
- The blanket comes with non-toxic micro glass beads that are hypoallergenic and odourless.
- Even distribution and locking of the glass beads by a two-layer polyester padding helps prevent any leakage.
- There is no weight shifting issue because of the okay packaging of the glass beads in small quilted squares.
- The blanket has a five-layer construction and is much thinner and lighter than the seven-layered one.
- There are 12 ties to keep the blanket intact when you use it with a removable duvet cover.
- The blanket is an excellent pick for those weighing between 60-80 kgs.
- It comes with a 12 year warranty period.
- There are only two colour options available- grey and light grey
- It doesn’t come with a cover.
Hotto Cuddle Comfort Weighted Blanket
The Hotto Cuddle Comfort weighted blanket is an excellent pick for all seasons. I enjoyed using this blanket during the summer seasons, especially. Some of its pros and cons are:
- 100% cotton with a brushed polyester fabric under it.
- It is well-ventilated and does not heat up or trap your body’s heat.
- The filler material is made of non-toxic glass beads. These glass beads are evenly distributed throughout the blanket.
- It has stitched pocket squares packed with glass beads to keep them intact.
- Its unique design makes it weigh only 10% of your body weight.
- As the name suggests, the overall feel of the blanket gives you a cuddling sensation.
- It comes in a variety of options according to the bed size and weight of an individual.
- The size options are suitable for people weighing between 35-115 kgs.
- The weight may feel heavier for some
- The size options for a specific bed size may not be accurate enough.
- Does not come with a cover
Buzio Weight blanket 3.2 kgs - (Best for kids)
Trust me when I say that this blanket solved one of my biggest problems in life!! This Buzio weighted blanket magically calmed my 5-year-old restless daughter when I tucked her in the first night. The even pressure distribution of this blanket will make your child sleep peacefully every night. Some of its pros and cons are:
- It is made of all-natural cotton on one side and a Minky dotted layer on the other side.
- The cotton layer offers excellent breathability, while the soft Minky layer feels soft on your child’s skin.
- The dotted Minky gives extra stability and security to your kid while sleeping.
- The filler material is of non-toxic, odourless glass beads. The beads are sewn in 4″x4″ sized square pockets. They are intact with no weight shifting.
- The seven-layer design offers great beads locking and comes with eight interior corner straps.
- The dimensions are 105 x 150 cm, making it a perfect size for kids weighing up to 40 kgs and over three years old.
- You can machine-wash this blanket without worrying about colour fading. It is also wrinkle-free.
- It comes with a 12 months warranty period and a 30 days refund guarantee.
- They come in a variety of colours and beautiful patterns.
- No cons for this product.
Buzio Sherpa Fleece Weighted Blanket
There is no going back once you’ve used the Burzio Sherpa Fleece weighted blanket. I was sceptical, thinking that it may feel too hot or too heavy, but no! This blanket wrapped me like a silkworm in a cocoon!! Some of its pros and cons are:
- Its unique design features a 220 GSM ultra-soft fleece on top and a 220 GSM plush on the inside. This combo gives you immense comfort and warmth.
- The blanket has a neat outlook with square-shaped pockets sewn together with decorative edging.
- The best part is that it is resistant to stain, fade, and wrinkles.
- It has a seven-layer design making it the ideal weighted blanket.
- The non-toxic beads are wrapped in layers of non-glue polyester padding to keep them secure and noise-free.
- It comes in a variety of sizes and weights for both kids and adults.
- Usable only in winters
- The fleece may feel scratchy on your face.
Angelhood Adult Weighted Blanket
Here is another weighted blanket that will offer you sound sleep every night when wrapped in it. What I truly liked about this blanket is the Minky cover it comes with. This is a weighted blanket that works perfectly for both winters and summers. Some of its pros and cons are:
- It has a seven layers design construct for added comfort and gentleness.
- The ultra-breathable 100% cotton perfectly suits your body temperature.
- It has two layers of polyester padding that hold the glass beads intact.
- The glass beads are non-toxic, lead-free, hypoallergenic, and odourless.
- The glass beads are surrounded by non-glue polyester padding for maximum comfort. There are no worries about weight shifting or moving.
- The blanket is engineered to be 7-12% of your body weight. This makes it an ideal weighted blanket to soothe your nervous system.
- The Minky duvet cover is super comfortable and feels soft. It comes in a navy blue colour.
- You can simply unzip the cover for use during summers.
- The blanket may tend to bunch up inside the cover
You had a tough day at work, and you don’t have anyone at home to comfort you or just hug you. Does that ring a bell? If yes, then I am recommending you to get a weighted blanket for yourself! I know what it’s like to feel stressed on an everyday basis. I realised that I started feeling a lot calmer after I began using weighted blankets.
And it is just not me saying it, but some studies do point to the benefits of using weighted blankets. Therefore, let me answer a few questions, a lot of people ask me, and you can decide if you should get one.
What are weighted blankets?
Weighted blankets are quilts that have high-density microbeads made of glass, plastic, or others sandwiched between two layers. The beads are sewn in pockets and evenly spread throughout the blanket.
Weighted blankets are generally smaller than the regular bedding and are meant for individual use. The idea is to cover the body and stimulate the feeling of hugging snugly.
When I first covered myself with my weight blanket, the overall pressure instantly calmed me down. These blankets give out a “deep touch pressure stimulation” that works to soothe your mind and make you feel relaxed.
Do weighted blankets work?
To be honest, there aren’t enough scientific studies to guarantee that these blankets work. However, many anecdotal pieces of evidence show that weighted blankets have helped people feel better.
A study in 2015 proved that weighted blankets were effective in improving sleep quality and alleviating anxiety disorders. It has also shown positive results in relaxing people who have ADHD ( Attention deficit hyperactive disorder), ASD ( Autism Spectrum Disorder), and other similar disorders.
Another study done on 31 people showed that using weighted blankets positively impacted sleep and dealt with insomnia. Few reports point that weighted blankets’ pressure puts your automatic nervous system to “rest” mode, which helps reduce stress.
What are the types of weighted blankets?
Weighted blankets differ according to their size, fabric used, and filler material. The few different types of weighted blankets are:
- Based on fabric
Chenille weighted blankets
Chenille is an extraordinarily soft and fluffy material. Weighted blankets made of chenille are considered to be the softest in the world. They are ultra-soft and provide the utmost comfort while sleeping. It is the right choice for relieving stress and anxiety.
Cotton Magic weighted blankets
These are made of 100% cotton and gives excellent stability. The cotton magic fabric makes them breathable and won’t heat up. If you or your kids have sensory disorders, then this is a good pick.
Minky weighted blankets
Minky fabric is soft and silky, and the weighted blankets have shorter fibres than chenille blankets. They are super comfortable and are best for people with colder body temperature.
Fleece Magic weighted blankets
For those who need deep pressure day and night, fleece magic weighted blankets are the best. The fleece fabric is soft to touch and has high durability. It is an excellent pick for everyday use.
Waterproof weighted blankets
These weighted blankets are water-resistant, anti-microbial, and fire-resistant. They are breathable and do not allow heat and water vapour to escape the blanket.
- Based on filler material
The different filler materials used in weighted blankets are:
- Glass beads
- Plastic beads
- Sand beads
- Polly pellets
How do I choose the right weighted blanket?
My experience in choosing a weighted blanket for myself was relatively easy. I was looking for one during peak summer in Aussie, so it was apparent for me to choose a weighted cotton blanket. However, it’s not always about the fabric; but there are other parameters to consider. Here are a few things you should look into:
Your weighted blanket should cover you from your chin to the toes. It shouldn’t be so big that it falls off the bed. It is always recommendable to go for a size that is perfect for you- not more or not less.
An ideal weight is to choose a blanket that weighs 10% of your body weight. However, it depends on personal preference. I chose a blanket that weighed a little above 10% of the bodyweight rule since I preferred a slightly higher pressure.
- Filler material
The filler material used will define the thickness and price of the blanket. There are many types available, so you can choose depending on how heavy you want it. Other factors may include the lumpiness of the blanket, noise level, environmental impact, and so on.
The fabric will depend on how cold, hot, or soft you want your weighted blanket to be. Some even come with dual fabrics. One side may be made of cotton, while the other may be made of fleece or a warmer material.
Owning a weighted blanket may soon become a necessity for all. This is because of our modern lifestyle that is fast-moving and stressful. All of us just want to get a goodnight’s rest at the end of the day. And weighted blankets are designed to give you precisely that!
Out of all the five mentioned weighted blankets I tried, I would choose the Burzio Sherpa Fleece weighted blanket as the winner. Weighted blankets are meant to make you feel calm and comfortable in bed. When I tried the Burzio Sherpa fleece for the first time, I couldn’t get out of bed the next morning.
The ultra-soft fleece feels exceptionally soft on the skin, and the even distribution of pressure makes it even more perfect. Also, I don’t have to worry about staining the blanket at all since it is stain-resistant. The blanket is warm enough to keep you happy during cold winter nights.
There are many types available in the market today, and ultimately it boils down to your personal preference. However, the Burzio Sherpa Fleece weighted blanket stood out as one of the best-weighted blankets in Australia in 2021!